Thursday, December 11, 2008

All Day..... WET


Today my trusty blue "freightliner"* ( *code for: supertruckers extreme lumber hauling tool) led me to Christiansburg,VA. It's my normal route on Thursdays. But today they added a few extra stops on my trailer. I was all over the place, lets see first I started in Pulaski,VA. ( sounds like a sneeze) then to Narrows,VA. I drove across that nice scenic route that I have posted pics of before, but today it was nasty and wet, over to Christiansburg,VA. I knocked out my deliveries to the Home Depot then off to Floyd, Va. It's a cool little town like Jonesborough,TN. in the middle of no where. After Floyd back over to I-81 and down to Lowes in Radford,Va. Took time to eat some of my lunch I packed, then on the road to home...3 hr drive. IN THE RAIN!! After I returned back to Erwin I had 441 miles under my belt, quite a bit more than the norm 300 or so. Yes as you can tell I'm bored. Can't ride due to the yuk outside, well I could but I don't want to destroy any trails.


Tonight Mr. Weatherman is calling for 1-5 inches of snow. That's a wide range you may ask yourself. I know - I know, but after you hear 40 different forecasts for the same town I kinda just do a running average. I had planned on going to a local bike club meeting tonight but I'm run down from working in the rain all day so I'm staying here and doing some pilates and plyometrics. That crap is hard dude. I don't see how all these women can just go through all the poses with ease...



I may have a new (new for me) shortbus ride coming into the stables soon. Something with smaller hoops! No I'm not getting rid of the 29ers yet. I will keep you all updated though. My rims are in at the shop. My 29er wheel project is coming together. I'm working on getting the rotating mass (weight) down so as to have the acceleration as that of a 26in wheel. So far these are the rims I will be using, DT Swiss X470, along with my Ringle' hubs that I already have. I love the hubs, but you can't sneak up on anyone while your racing, the freewheel is louder than a King. My hub is not a huge concern for the weight because its sitting at the center of my wheel universe. For the "pis ta de resistance" I will be using some Marwi Ti spokes to tie everything together. To top it all off I will add the creme, MAXXIS TIRES! I know most of you guys don't like them but they have yet to fail me. So sometime after Christmas I hope to have the new wheel laced and trued.





2 weeks to go, have you completed all of your holiday shopping???




Later G..............................

No comments: