Monday, December 22, 2008

The SUN ??? Really Where???

After so much yucky nasty weather last week, the sun finally made an appearance yesterday and today. Although today it feels like we are living in Michigan or something. 8 degrees was the temperature this morning when I left for work at 430 am. Also a nice wind to make it feel like -7 when the wind chill was calculated. Ouch, it makes my ears sting bad!



I did not get to ride the bike at all in the last several days. Friday night we were at Angie's house baking and cooking all kinds of cookies and fudge treats, YUM. She's so cool, she bakes all these goodies to take to people at work and lots of our friends. She gets into wrapping and making them look all "Christmasy" with wraps and trays\boxes. She's the best! Saturday I had to get all the last minute gifts together and shop for the last ones I needed to buy. Austin accompanied me the whole day. We liked to have never found the last "doggy toy" that swims for my niece. I was starting to fret! We managed somehow to get it all done though. I tell you something, people in shopping centers C A N " T drive. Tards everywhere. Some people, I think, drive around for 30 minutes or more looking for a spot 'up front' instead of just parking the car and walking!



Sunday (ANGIE'S BIRTHDAY) we got up and went to a church here in town where a pastor, that's related to my bro-n-law Sean, ministers at. It was a nice small church and they were performing their Christmas Contada. After church I took Austin to his mom's. I had an errand to run (pick-up Angie's birthday cake, shrimp and stuff to cook her dinner for her birthday). She also wanted to see the movie 4 Christmases, so we seen that before I did the din din thang. It was the typical Vince Vaughn type movie but it was funny. Came out of the movies and there was another one of those SWEET VW westfalia's sitting right there in the parking lot. It was in great shape too.We came home and I got started on Penne with Shrimp and Herbed Cream Sauce. Man it was gooooooood! If I do say so myself! Topped it off with some birthday cake and frozen yogurt, then enjoyed a fire in the fireplace the rest of the evening.



So no pedaling for me, today I'm needing something bad. It's 18 degrees outside and the wind is moving around pretty good.....I ain't riding in that. I guess it's more plyometrics and some rollers. I prefer the rollers over a trainer because you must pay attention, they both blow but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes. May be riding Warriors Wednesday - maybe if the holiday scheduling works out for me. One more day @ work and then 5 off! Sorry for no cycling adventures on this post............






Later G.......................................

1 comment:

Riding with dogs said...

You need a VW van they're sweet but hard to come by these days. I used to have one in high school and I still regret the day I sold it.