Saturday, February 14, 2009

Be My V......................

I picked up my wheels last night. Bontrager Race Lites. These wheels are a pretty nice set of hoops. Not top of the line XXX's but pretty good. I finally get to go tubeless now on the 29er. I have been holding off for a long time doing this too. It took forever to get the rear tire to seat in those rims. Thank God for an air compressor! The Maxxis Ardent sealed right up like a dream and POPPED right onto the rims like it's supposed to. The other? Well thats another story... I was trying to mount a Maxxis Crossmark but it would not get up on that edge and seal up. After about an hour and several swear words later I got an Ignitor and mounted it up. POP it sealed right to the rim. Maxxis stopped production on the Ignitor so I'm going to be out of my favorite tire soon, but I have a couple to get me through this season. While I have the wheels apart and cassette off I did some early maintenance. Cleaning and inspection. I didn't mind, its not that nice outside today. Clean chain, adjust the disc brakes and some cable lubrication to boot. MTB ready for this weeks riding. Another cold snap heading this way this week so it will probably be off road riding mostly this week.



I was on a roll at the first of the month. I got a strong start at the first of the month with lots of miles. I haven't been able to get out the last couple of days though. I'm still trying to stay in the base part of riding before I start some intervals in March. I hate training to get better, it makes riding more like work than fun. Although if you have goals, the only way to get there is train. So as much as I can't stand it - I am training, becuz I have some LARGE goals this season!



I had a really nice day yesterday! Angie took off work to just hang out with me (the unemployed). We got up and cooked each other breakfast consisting of french toast, eggs and turkey bacon-yum. First stop was get to the VW dealer and have her radio warranty repaired. We did some shopping returned to pick up her car. Her stereo has some serious bass now. For lunch it was off to our favorite cafe'........BKC (Bonnie Kate Cafe'). I got to talk to Brian and catch up some. If your ever in the Elizabethton, TN. area you have to check out this Cafe'. Brian is an avid cyclist and triathlete. After an awesome lunch, some more shopping then home. I had to get away to get Angie some flowers for Valentine's Day. So I did and when I returned she had an awesome surprise for me. I have a great girl for a GF, shes the bestest of the best! Love Ya Babe! She's always on the lookout for anything that pertains to cycling. She bought me this little puzzle that's a bike! Its sweet!!! So be nice to your Valentine you may want to ride alot this summer....




Later G............................

No comments: