Thursday, April 2, 2009

Life Change.....

Hey everyone, It's been a busy week here. Just getting back from Columbia SERC and trying to get some of my plans in order. I killed the battery in the Exploder before going riding the other day, that was fun....NOT. The Monday evening recovery rides are really growing. This week we had around 18 riders. Tuesday I did a TT at a local trail, Warriors. I was really happy with my time too. I rode it at about 90% and did what I thought was a very good time. I'm not any pro, just an above avg. rider. I like pushing myself and seeing where I stand.
I have to get ready for Tsali this week. It's round three of the SERC series and I'm racing this one and wrenching also. I put in a couple of applications for some part-time employment this week too, one was bicycle related. We will see where that goes. Monday I had a problem with the unemployment office and it took 'til late Tuesday until I got it straightened out. Those folks at the unemployment office are totally swamped with all the layoffs and such going on, wouldn't want their job right now at all.
I have been out of work for over two months now, just chillin' taking it all in resting ya know. The unemployment keeps things going, barely. No caviar here, lol. Monday I got all my paperwork turned in at ETSU, Yes I'm going back to school. Do you recall the movie "40yr old Virgin" ? This one would read "44yr old Freshman". I'm shooting for a two year degree in the medical field and some computer science classes also. I already have alot of funding lined out, thanks Obama!



Looking forward to this weekend again, weather looks as if it's going to cooperate. Something about Tsali that I just like! Probably pulling out early Friday morning to get a good space for the land yacht!


Later G....................

No comments: