Friday, April 17, 2009

Need a Carpenter?


This week I was helping a buddy do some demolition work on his house. I have never attempted anything like this ever. Let me tell ya, it's pretty nasty HARD work. We took out the walls and the insulation. Dirty work to say the least, then a couple of walls that had wooden slats. Those were not that bad. We dropped the ceilings.............whew! Very dusty and gritty, thank God for respirators! Then the last day we started on the outside siding. I really got to hand it to the folks that do this day in and day out! My short period of doing this kicked my but. I got a sweet dishwasher out of the deal. I don't know where I'm going to put it (will have to make a spot) but it sure beats washing dishes by hand like I have been doing for years.


This morning I'm putting a dura-ace group on a friends road bike. The bike repairs have been keeping me going, not overwhelming like I wish it was but steady. Later this evening I may go do a hot dog ride at Warriors and have a few dawgs after. The club started having these last year and it's had a good showing of riders every time. The weather finally changed for the better yesterday just in time for the TNR ride. We had 35 riders last night, 65 degrees and next week it's going off at the normal time of 6pm instead of the 530 departure that we have been starting at. Last night was a good ride, about 1\4 the way into it there was a break away and I was sitting way off on the end of the main pack. I thought to myself I better get up there or get left back here. I charged hard to make the gap and a couple of riders came with me, thank goodness or I would not have made it. We caught the front group and we had about a dozen or so and it made for a hastened pace to and up over Buffalo. After the ride Tom, Dave and myself had a cold brew at Knight's then called it a night.
Angie has some kind of cold. It's kicking her but too! Last night her voice was all scratchy like she was about to lose it. This morning she sounded alot better. She made a bunch of peanut butter brownie squares and cookies last night for a bake sale at the hospital. The peanut butter brownies were soooooooo gooooooood! Hope she feels better!

I think Austin and I are going to either go on a mountain bike ride somewhere Saturday or put the boats in the water. Greg has got me hankering to go paddling since he purchased his to new rec boats. I will let Austin pick when I get him later today. 10 to 1 bet that he wants pizza as soon as I get him.......


Later G................................

1 comment:

Riding with dogs said...

paddling? did somebody say paddling?