Sunday, July 19, 2009

Dead Possum and Holston Mtn

Saturday morning came and so did the 1st ever dead possum ride. Jason tagged along for the ride on this one. I don't see how though, he had not had but only three hours sleep in the last two days because he's been pulling the night shift at JCPD. We got to Yuma and drove the course, about 2/3rds through we were looking for a restroom bad (lol). We dove into this church parking lot where we saw a truck parked hoping someone was there. Bingo, prayers answered. He let us in and then we hurried to the Yuma elementary school where there was about 60 riders waiting on us. Great turnout I thought! I rode with the girls and showed them a shortcut to cut 5 miles off the 28 mile course. We returned to the parking lot where only about 25 participated in the tailgating after the ride. It was a good time had by all. No breakdowns that I knew about and everyone made it safely back.

This morning I met Chris, Brian, David, Billy and Patrick at the Weir Dam rec area to do a lot of climbing over Holston and Iron. We sat out and Patrick wasn't looking so good from the all-nighter he had just pulled. I would have never made it! It was a good ride not to hot either. Very unseason like for around here in July. After we reached the top we waited a good while for Patrick. David rode off the mountain looking for him and returned with a negative report that he didn't see him. I sat there and got chilly and lost the motivation to ride on over to Iron, Several more minutes went by and everyone decided to move on. I told the guys that i was heading back, they didn't give me that hard of a time about it either. They're getting soft! I rode off the mountain and after several turns I see Patrick. I slow and do a "U" turn and climb back up with him. That was his first time climbing Holston too. He did pretty good considering he had a hangover. We let'em rip off the mountain and got back to the cars pretty quick. I loaded up and rolled it back to the house. I caught the tour on TV and got to watch Contador rip it up the mountain. Looks like Lance doesn't have a chance this year because Contador is STRONG! Maybe a second overall is satisfactory for being gone for three years!







LAter G......................

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And my favorite quote "I rode with the girls and showed them a shortcut to cut 5 miles off the 28 mile course. We returned to the parking lot where only about 25 participated in the tailgating after the ride. It was a good time had by all."....LOL You are the man Scooby.

SCOOBY'S SNACKS said...

AKS??????

Anonymous said...

I'm hurt by you suggesting that I would leave such a comment and not sign "AKS" so I can take credit for it. Do you really think I would do that? Ah hell who am I kidding, yeah that was me. LMAO

AKS