Thursday, August 13, 2009

Short Track Fun

Just about an hour before short track was to start, Wes rolled up looking for some water. I had been checking the radar for a while and there was a super strong 'red' cell of thunderstorms headed our way from Kingsport. I was in no matter what today. I didn't care how bad it was going to rain or rain during, I was in! Unless it started lightning of course. After I freshened up Wes's water bottle I got dressed and headed up there about 30 minutes early. I rode some of the ETSU trail system since I live so close to get to the ST course. I starting warming up, I usually don't do that very well and when the gate drops I red line pretty quick and can't do much. Today was different. I was warm, nice and sweaty at the start. I went out easy for the first lap then started picking off folks. There was a HUGE turnout, I didn't count but I'm guessing 20? The rain disappeared for some strange reason too, it never showed up how weird. I kept turning up the 'wick' every lap until I was at my max. This is the first time at short track I gave my all. I'm usually just there for the fun and fitness. Tonight I came to set me a bar. I was impressed somewhat, Wes only lapped me twice instead of the normal 3 or 4. I nailed down a solid 12 laps this evening, I usually only do 10-11. I think I finished about 6th or so, best I can tell. I need to step up alot more on my riding, the motivation is back and it feels different. It's starting to be fun to 'ride hard' again. Better get, I'm just trying to post more after getting the 'what for' by a few buds..............


PS: they finally bought a victory drink that Wes could consume..........bug juice!



LAter G....................

No comments: