Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Full Bore Head On

Well the 2013 Fall Collegiate MTB race at ETSU was a great success! We had over 16 colleges here on campus and over 100 collegiate athletes racing each day, the dirty south rocks! Thanks to every team that visited us it was great having you here at ETSU!

 
 

 
Above Brevard and Lees McRae Women A riders duke it out in the 4X race.
 

 
This past weekend it was Georgia Tech. Two Brevard riders, above, have the hammer down on the short slalom course. I only stayed for short track and was going to stay for XC but they changed the start times 45 minutes before the start of the first XC race so I couldn't stay. I had a project I had to finish for class Monday and was cutting it close by just even being there on Sunday. I rode a lap behind the A riders then jetted back home... 5hr drive. I didn't have the luxury of staying later than 12pm Sunday.
 
 


 
Kerry Werner, above, taking first place handily in XC at ETSU
 
 

 
Anywho, cross season is upon us and everyone is getting stoked. MSG podiums are ready, New Belgium has sponsored MSG with their tasty beverages at every MSG race, the FLYOVER IS BACK and we have these soopa sweet medals for every podium spot this year!
 
I''ll be glad to get these big things out of my garage and into the club's trailer for storage.
 
Boone, NC's High Country CX races have begun on Wed's now so we've stopped short track and will be making the 1 hour trek over the mountain now.
 
 
Thanks Holston Distributing for the New Belgium hook up!

 
Thanks Brewer Construction for the Flyover!!!

 
Big thanks to former ETSU Cycling team member, Shane, for making the medals!!


I tried a new beer the other day, Bad Penny, and it wasn't too bad. I wish we had the selection of micro brews that Ash-Vegas has.

I'll get to stock up on some more Saturday because were rolling over to another installment of Ash-Vegas's AVLCX race at the water front park. No lights this time, we'll be racing in daylight.





LAter G........................

No comments: