Friday, November 21, 2008

Oh yea......let it SNOW






I awoke at Angie's to some precipitation in the form of snow on the ground this morning. Off to work, I get to go in a an hour late on Fridays! Instead of 5am I show up at 6am due to the appointment schedule for Friday. The closer I get to Erwin the harder it starts snowing. I secure everything on the trailer and I'm off. I get to Home Depot for my first stop in Johnson City. Wham bam thank ya ma'am I'm out of there in a flash. Things rolling along nicely! Head over to Bristol and get to the business park and what do I see?


A man dressed in red and eight tiny reindeer........... NOT!!! I sat here for about an hour! Seems like 3 cars decided to play slip and slide in the snow. If people paid as much attention to their driving as to what they are doing WHILE they are driving, the road would be a much safer place. Anywho, got finished up and drove through a blizzard in Chilhowie,VA on the way home.



Tomorrow is going to be so nice and nasty over at Hendersonville, N.C. UCI Nationals! Big classes and a great place to CX as well. I don't expect to be a threat in a field of 50+ but I do expect to have fun!! Lots of fun!! I'm really diggin' CX like I said.







Last night me and some gents from the local MTB club ascended on Warriors for a little "night" group ride. Anthony, Richard, Brandon, Mark, Dave, Mr.Jones and myself went for a stroll in the woods. Brandon, Anthony and Richard were all sick or getting over being sick so props go out to those boys for hangin' tough! I rode a shortened version instead of the whole thing because I had to be home early. The pace was kinda whacked. One minute we were cruising then it felt like a Japanese speed train then back to easy. Back on the the gas, I had fun though! That's what its all about. The weather last night wasn't bad either. We got the ride in before the snow hit but I would have enjoyed riding in the snow. I think we have already had the same amount of snowfall this year as the last two seasons combined and we haven't even got to when it's supposed to be cold.

Anthony did a really good job on this GRT graphic....................nice job!!




Better get, I have a really nice evening planned with Angie then I have to get up early to go to N.C. with Rob in the weeee hours of the morning for CX.



Later G......................................

2 comments:

Chris said...

I was part of a slip and slid on Fri as well ... truck may be totaled, I'll find out Mon. I'm banged up good too, no biking / running for a while... fun fun

SCOOBY'S SNACKS said...

man what happened? you ok???