Saturday, December 27, 2008

APRIL IN DECEMBER.... I"LL TAKE IT !!

Even the Exploder has an S-works tag.....ha ha. All the peeps I work with ask me all the time what that stands for. I make up something different every time they ask....I got up this morning so looking forward to this ride. The weather was perfect, well I should say better than perfect for December 27th. Mid 60's at 9am.....Ooooooo Yeah!!! I took full advantage of this day for sure! Although it will come at some cost, maybe. Angie's parents were having another Christmas day get together for her Dad's side of the family today. I had already attended 2 of the 3 gatherings so I hope they wont be too mad at me....... 65 degrees out and a beautiful blue sky in December? You gotta ride!!!!

I get to the parking lot at Bucks (Knights now) and no one is here. Dang I didn't read the post on the thread before I left, wonder if they cancelled? Oh well I will hang out for a bit to see if anyone shows up. The TCRC ride that left @9 was well under way and no hope of catching that bunch. After a few minutes here comes Wes pedaling from home like myself. If no one shows Wes and I will ride...cool. Then Anet pulls up and gets ready then Brian finally makes it with David riding shotgun. We get ready and head out. It was an awesome ride, with excellent weather. It's funny they are calling for more snow in about 5 days. Crazy weather.
Brian & David - I think David is wearing one of those red&black kits...hmmmmmm



Anet..... She's a machine! and Wes's momWes (Cycle Youth rider) doing a superman. I just think he rides too fast and his feet flew off the pedals. He got invited to an Olympic training camp in Colorado this summer. Look for big things from this guy! Don't forget to watch the Tournament of Roses parade on New Years also 'cuz my boy will be marching in it!!!! Science Hill High School marching band should be the 3rd or 4th band in line from the start.




Rolling down Antioch.....







Yours truly. I look good !!!..................... you know I do!

Lucky shot (1st try) of Wes and I heading through the V.A. to see his dad (Bob) @ work.


Another shot rolling through the Veteran's Administration in Johnson City or Mountain Home, TN.
After I dropped Wes at the V.A. to get his dad's element I thought I would tool around downtown for some more casual mileage. Rolled past the acoustic coffee house. Just one of the many stops on our *C.R.A.W.L. route during the summer
*CRAWL= Cyclist Riding and Wanting Libation



The new Blue Moon Dinner Theatre that Angie got us tickets for........can't wait! This is just next to the Halo pub, another one of our C.R.A.W.L. stops


The infamous Down Home Eclectic Music Room. Some of the best ever folk and rock music you ever want to hear rolls through this place.

It's been along time since I got to go on a ride like this, no pressure just an easy pace with no one trying to prove themselves. It was great, the weather was awesome and the company superb! I got in a total of 48 miles nothing hard, averaged 15.7mph nice easy pace for the winter and a little over 3K in climbing. Heck we live in the mountains, you cant go on a ride around here and not climb anything yo! Would love to do this again tomorrow but it's supposed to rain. Same temps but forecast is rain.






Later G.......................................











2 comments:

Chris said...

Dang Dog, hate i missed it! I wanted to make it but we've all been sick. maybe next time...

SCOOBY'S SNACKS said...

SICK.........Again???