Monday, January 12, 2009

Ride Muddy, Ride Cold, Just Ride

I FINALLY got to ride the mountain bike today. Talked to Greg early this morning and he asked what was the earliest I could get off and I told him probably 330. After 10am my stops progressed pretty good so I text messaged him back and told him I could be at the bottom of the mountain by 230. He said give him a few minutes and he would shoot me a text msg back. He did and we rode! We started out the from the bottom at the forest service road. We got warm pretty quick and started unzipping. He had to stop and take a layer off then later I had to get rid of the headband. It wasn't bad while we were climbing but when we started going down I got really cold, really fast. Once on top there was standing pools of water in every turn. The streams were flowing good also. After we made it to the single track Greg got out his Go Pro camera mounted it on his helmet and we were off. He's been experimenting with it since he got it for Christmas. I hope he got some good video, if he did I will link it on here when he posts it up. The trails were a mess but only Buffalo could handle all the rain we have had lately and we have had more than our share. We had a good run on the single track heading back in and we let'em go on the downhill forest service road on the way back at the end. I think it was about 34 deg at the bottom where we started but it was really cold up on top. My toes were stinging from the cold at the end but all in all it was another good ride, thanks Greg! Me thinks I need some winter riding shoes....

The real cold is on the way. We are supposed to get temps in the single digits later this week, that's just not right down here!

I almost forgot..... If any of you that read this would save me beer bottle caps I would appreciate it. If you don't live here, I will pop for postage as long as its not a dumpster full and costs an 18 wheeler freight charge, lol. I'm saving them up to make fridge magnets for myself and some small gifts for some beer buddies. Any brands BUT the domestics (no bud or miller lite..please!). The stranger the better!





Later G.......................................

3 comments:

SCOOBY'S SNACKS said...

Alan Sparks
1707 Southwest Ave
Johnson City, TN. 37604

Thanks!!!

Riding with dogs said...

it makes it cooler if you can say you actually drank the beer, especially when people ask you about the caps on yer fridge, and they will. go to Food City and get the mix a 6 pack then you'll have 6 new caps

SCOOBY'S SNACKS said...

It doesnt matter to me if I drank it or not. Some of the guys Im doing it for would just like it as a novelty and thoughtful thing to do. It would be cool if I could get some caps from beers not around here!!! Thats what Im shooting for, not to show them off as how many brands of beer I have consumed. I farthest from a beer snob as can be...

peace out.