Saturday, April 25, 2009

CRAWLin'

















Friday night a bunch of us met at the old cootie brown's parking lot for the first C.R.A.W.L. of the year. There was alot of people showed too. All kinds of bikes were on hand - from cruisers, to messenger bikes and mountain bikes.We rolled out from Salsarita's and onto the greenbelt. After a couple of miles we ran into some construction and had to improvise. About 45 minutes later we rolled up into stirfry for a cold bottle of heineken and a pint of low down brown. We also threw in some sushi for good measure before heading over to the Kingsport Grocery Co. I have not ever had worse service than I did Friday night. The poor waitress just plain sucked! We usually get great service but that was not the case that night. After we met Rob, Anthony and Eric at the KGC and two hours later we headed back to the cars via the roads and not the greenbelt. I have to admit that the road was more fun than the greenbelt. It was a grand time for sure and the company was awesome. I think that overall Johnson City is a much better place for crawling though. There are more pubs and it's just better laid out for more stops. I'm really looking forward to the next one too! I took these pics and Olga warned me to not put any bad ones of her so I didn't. Dave is popping a wheelie in one, he can ride on the back wheel all night if he wanted to I think. Mike Seek could track stand all night long as well.

I have something major brewing in the bike dept. I may be making a monumental change on the MTB. That's all I can say for sure now I really don't want to jinx it.






Later G......................................................

No comments: