Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Soap Suds Everywhere

After a lazy kinda do nothing Sunday with Angie (it was a rainy day) I decided to put the newly acquired dishwasher in that I got last week. So Monday I started this project. Wiring looked simple enough even though I'm not very good with household electricity. I managed that very well though and when I plugged it up for a test it actually worked believe it or not. Next............. the plumbing of such said appliance. I wrote down all the fittings and parts that I would need and off to the Home Depot. I found all my plumbing supplies that I needed and returned home. I finagle the washer into it's resting place and get everything routed the way I want. What??? the copper tubing for the water supply line is going to be about 6 inches short! WTH? I go ahead and replace the trap and all the plumbing with new under the sink, attach the waste water hose and then set out for HD again. It was around 7ish so I swing by the wellness center to see if anyone rode. Brandon had called earlier to see what's going on and said that he needed to ride. I get there and only Brandon and Everett are there, the only one's that showed. That's good considering the skies had been unleashing downpours for the last few hours. Anywho I chatted with them for about 15 minutes then continued on to my quest. In and out of the big orange store once more then head back home. About 5 minutes into my return trip and the phone rings and it's Jason.....

Jason: What's up? You didn't see me?

Me: Uhhhhh no.....I'm not used to your new truck.
Jason: I'm not in my truck...

Me: What?

Jason: I'm on my bike! I right behind you, well not now.

Me: Oh, you need a ride home?
Jason: pull over I will be there in 10 seconds.

Me: OK





I pull over and wait, about 30 seconds here he comes flying down the road and meets me near the Mahoney's lot. We chat and he doesn't want a ride home but his rear derailleur is acting up. I look at it and it's off line a bit. I adjust his barrel adjuster and tell him to have fun. He takes off and I start heading home again to finish. I manage to get everything together with only one leaking joint that I quickly make repairs on then.......... WALAH! It's completed! I can't wait to see and hear it work so I just get stuff and throw it in it.........opppssss no dishwasher detergent. What now? Hmmmmmmmm a couple drops of dawn would be ok, maybe. Drip drip ahhhh that should do it. Now let's crank this baby up. Sweet, nice quite hum of a dishwasher doing it's job. I start cleaning up the mess and about 15 minutes later the hum has got much quieter. I stop the washer and open it.............WOW SUDS EVERYWHERE! I close the door and just let it finish the cycle. Now I'm cleaning up suds in the floor, not alot though. Learned my lesson on doing that. NEVER OPEN THE DOOR WHEN YOU USE DISH WASHING LIQUID! har har NOT! (don't use that stuff in the dishwasher!)
Awoke this morning to another wet day, hopefully the rain will hold off when it's time to ride this afternoon. We'll see!




LAter G................................

No comments: