Monday, August 17, 2009

BENT CREEK & BOOOM !!!



Yesterday a bunch of us from the mountain bike club took Anthony (aka:Fat Tony) over to Bent Creek in Asheville, N.C. for some pre marital riding. Several of us wanted to go earlier. It ended up being two groups leaving the One stop. 1st group @8am and the second @ 10am. The first group consisted of Myself, Chris, Brian, Steve, Aaron and Mike. We were able to get almost 8 miles in before we had to be back to the trail head to re-group with the late bunch.
After regrouping we pedaled all over the mountain and reached the 'green lick' trail. It is, if not the most fun trail there! 20 miles in we started to hear thunder and we knew that the rain was inevitable. It finally rained and rained pretty steady. We got soaked and the trails turned into a gritty, sandy mess. After returning to the trail head we cleaned up best as possible then rolled over to Papa's for some Cali Mexican (Mexicali) food. It was my first time there and I really liked it. It's a tie between Mellow Mushroom and Papa's though for post ride refueling. Beer photo is courtesy of Brian, the big Dos Equis hit the spot!


This morning we got a light shower and I was just in a mood of "do-nothing". I was meandering around the house and seen that my newly tubeless CX tires were a little low so thought I would give them a shot of air from the compressor. I pressed the brass fitting onto the valve stem and the air entered the tire..................BOOM!!!! Stan's solution all over everything! My face, the floor, the wall I mean everywhere! It apparently slipped off the bead during inflation....ya think?? Well I now had a cleaning project. After about 1pm I perked up and Jason stopped by wanting me to check his wheel out on his CX bike. Wow we aren't truing that! Busted flange on the hub. Dude, you need a new wheel. He made a call and bam, he has one.

I want to give a shout out to AKS today, it's his birthday. Happy Birthday man!

LAter G..........................

1 comment:

AKS said...

Thank you for the b-day wishes!! Sorry I missed you guys at Bent Creek.