Monday, August 31, 2009

Overwhelmed to say the least....


This morning I was somewhat anxious due to it being the first day of my classes at ETSU. But first I had to solve what's been bothering me for a few rides. A squeak in the rear end of my epic. Time for troubleshooting....take the whole rear suspension apart and assess the noise. I had been discussing it with Ben and he told me that he had most of an epic rebuild kit (bearing-spacers-washers) that he had not used and I was welcome to it. I took him up on his gracious offer, thanks Ben! I had two bearings bad and one a little rough. I replaced them and after I looked at the diagram that came with the rebuild kit, I noticed that a spacer was missing in the asymmetric link. Thankfully there was one in the kit. I put everything back, re-torqued everything to the specifications and WA-LA. It's so much smoother now, the squeaking is gone and it just seems tighter. I was concerned though where there had been some friction going on with the missing spacer (see pic), but so far it looks as if it may be alright. We'll see.
After some lunch I packed my backpack and was off to campus on my SS cyclocross bike. I tore out of here all eager and ran off and forgot my class schedule with my room numbers on it. I did a U'ie in the road went back to get it. I still arrived 10 minutes early to find a super packed class. WOW! I felt like a huge tidal wave crested and broke on top of me as the reality of being back in college hit me. Calm down I told myself. Eric and Rob had warned me of this probably happening, thanks guys! I took a deep breath and found a seat. Then Dr. Smith came in and announced that her class was moved to the next room. A little less than 50% moved there which I thought was good. There were all types of kids, they look so young though, like they are 15. Dr. Smith went over our schedule and what she expected of us then handed out an assessment test. Nothing other than to see where everyone stood in what they know. I don't know if this is good or not but I finished it about 5th. She informed us that when we were finished we could leave and all we needed to do was study a program called ALICE. It's a simple computer program that teaches you how to program things. To me, it looks like I'm making one of my bike videos in a cartoon format. It's simple in theory yet difficult to add things you want to add. My videos seem easier. After class I met everyone over at the Wellness center for our Monday recovery ride at 6. Turnout was low and the pace was a little bit faster than the norm. I did get to ride with my buddy Jared though! Alas tomorrow is a new day and I have 4 classes on Tuesday's and Thursday's. Time to get with it. Oh, I'm still searching for a part-time job too.
LAter G..................................

2 comments:

Joshua Stamper said...

Classroom advice. Sit in the front row. Make sure that the prof knows your name(I have a hard time giving out bad grades to people I can identify). Feign interest in the subject and ask questions. Find a smart kid and sit next to him...or her(its amazing what those nerds can tell you).

SCOOBY'S SNACKS said...

Thanks man !! LOL