Friday, October 2, 2009

'Twas the night before MSG and all through the shop.....

Time to Kick it !


I have a truck load ready to take to the opener for Mud, Sweat and Gears Cyclocross race tomorrow. There's BMC's, Salsa's, Masi's and lord knows what all else we packed into Brian's ( Hampton Trails ) truck to set up at the race. We are supposed to have our own special tent awaiting us when we arrive tomorrow. The city of Kingsport has Domtar park ready and raring to go. It should be fast too! It hasn't rained all week so the ground should be hard and fast! We were supposed to get some rain today but it only sprinkled in our little part of Tennessee. I may have to change a surly cog in the rear for tomorrows SS CX class. I will wait and see! A new obstacle we have in store for us is the new "flyover" like in Europe. Yes the city of Kingsport donated everything that they needed to build a permanent structure for our CX racing, isn't that just kewl? I'm looking forward to breaking my neck crossing this thang too. Stay tuned because I'm getting the go pro out for this one and my goal is to make a pretty sick video of whatever I can find.




Also other goings on in the cycling community this weekend, my mountain bike club the NTMBA is holding in conjunction with the IMBA "Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day" at Winged Deer park in Johnson City. Anthony and John have really spearheaded this to make it one fantastic event for the kids. Not only are they in for a treat with obstacles but our local Texas Roadhouse Restaurant is catering it. They have really stepped to sponsor our events this year and I'm very proud to be associated with them. It should be a hoot so bring the little ones out Saturday.
LAter G........................................



No comments: