Sunday, December 20, 2009

Old School BMX 1981



Since I don't have to study for school I have been bouncing around in WWW land looking up BMX related things since I'm truly bitten by the BMX bug once again. I ran across this video on youtube. I didn't see myself on camera but I attended this event in 1981 @ Indianapolis, In.! Wow was I surprised to see this on video. You had to be "rich" to afford a video camera back in the day. Check out the wooden table tops and ramps, it's hard to tell but those are slick concrete turns sprayed with resin for traction. We even had "special" BMX tires called Mitsubishi Stadium Comps just for racing indoor during the winter. I'm really looking forward to hearing "riders ready, watch the gate" again!!!

LAter G................................

No comments: