Thursday, January 7, 2010

PERSPECTIVE

PERSPECTIVE

per·spec·tive (pər-spěk'tĭv)
n. 1.
a.A view or vista.

b.A mental view or outlook: "It is useful occasionally to look at the past to gain a perspective on the present" (Fabian Linden).

c.The relationship of aspects of a subject to each other and to a whole: a perspective of history; a need to view the problem in the proper perspective.

d.Subjective evaluation of relative significance; a point of view: the perspective of the displaced homemaker.

e.The ability to perceive things in their actual interrelations or comparative importance: tried to keep my perspective throughout the crisis.

to some this may be alot of snow.....

to some this may look like alot of snow !!

to someone this may look like ALOT of money...

to someone this may look like a little bit of money.



This may look like a mansion to someone that has lost alot in their life...


This may look like not enough to some people





I guess the point I'm trying to get across is "perspective". It's as different as each human on this planet. One could say attitude could also fall into this category too. I have several friends that "train", before we go on I want to say I'm not picking on anyone here. I have noticed some riders getting trainers too... lets just say to get good enough to beat their friends. I have a hard time understanding this. My local mountain bike club forum also had a thread that discussed/slammed trainers/organizations about this also. I have said it a million times I hate to train. Not because it's hard but it usually 99% of the time takes the fun out of what people are doing. I have seen it ALOT. I really get amused when said folks train like they are the next Olympian for local races, that's funny. Folks that used to go out and ride then come back and just jibber and have fun telling stories about the ride they just had turn into man I gotta ride, crap I gotta ride, dang I better ride. (Wanna go on a ride and take it easy man?) No, I have to get some miles in! I'm not picking on one group or any specific person if anyone that knows me thinks this you have problems yo! I keep up with alot of blogs (53) and different forums is where all this is coming from although I have seen this trend rear it's ugly head in my area more than once. Enough rambling.... perspective = what perspective do you have? your cup half empty or almost full? Are you thankful for what you have or do you worry about what you don't? Is your bike more important than.......




Stay warm it's going to be 11 degrees tonight!


LAter G..............

2 comments:

Brad said...

I find that if I keep my cup too full I just end up spilling most of it.
My philosophical 2 cents worth....

Wanna buy my trainer?? ;)

SCOOBY'S SNACKS said...

I will give ya mine! lol