Wednesday, March 10, 2010

30% you say????

Yep that's what Capt. Dingo said last night in one of his text messages to me, It's only a 30% chance of rain. All this while small precipitation drops of water hit my car and the skylights in Angie's condo. As most of my friends know, I DON"T do riding in the rain, I'm a stickler about the maintenance on my bike and that creates alot of hard work on my part. Although I will ride in it when I'm caught out in the rain mainly because I have no choice.

We have been trying to get a gang together for spring break riding. The problem is that most of the trails around here have tons of trees down and all the rain we have had has leftmost of the trails in a state of disarray. I don't think that very many places have a trail crew as prompt as ours. When trees are down at Warriors....we usually have someone in the woods the next day with a trusty chainsaw thanks to all the volunteers in the NTMBA. Bent Creek in Asheville, N.C. was a mess we heard, part of Dupont was closed for maintenance, Pisgah got alot of snow last week ( I suggested the ORAMM ride but it didn't receive a warm reception)-scared?- anywho we made a decision to go to Panther Creek in Morristown. Some of our peeps rode there this weekend and gave two thumbs up on the condition of the trails. I haven't ridden the Epic in a while because I have been in the middle of road season with the ETSU cycling team. Most of my time has been on the BMC Racemaster.

Well, I better get motivated and meet the guys in Kingsport. Capt. Dingo should have some video of this ride, he's taking the go pro with us......


LAter G.................................

3 comments:

Dustin said...

Capt. Dingo ha ha thats a good one. You know he seems to know a awful lot about the weather for not being a weather man.

Riding with dogs said...

Hey Dustin ask ole Scooby how bad it rained on us. The only rain I saw were tears of joy coming down AC's face when he finally cleared the rock slab covered steep section.

SCOOBY'S SNACKS said...

only tears of joy! no precipitationa at all...