Sunday, July 4, 2010

LITTLE HOOPS


Ahhhhh, I almost forgot about the update for Weaverville. Geoff (Olympic hopeful) and I headed over the mountain to Weaverville, N.C. for some blue chip racing. It was my first trip over there although it's been up and running for some time. I suited up and topped myself with the new TLD lid and walked up to the starting hill. Practice was going on and I was itchin' to get at it. I rolled the track the first lap checking all the jumps for lips and analyzing what I was and wasn't capable of. The next few laps I concentrated on specific parts and then put them all together. Next, some gates. I thought I was getting good gates in practice at least for not much BMX races this year , until moto 1. There were alot of guys my age there along with a bunch of experts. There were only 2 other cruisers so I decided to sign up in cruiser class since it had been March Nationals since I last raced. The lady at the sign-up desk was adamant about making me race with the experts no matter what bike I was riding, oh well. I lined up in moto 1 on the Floval with everyone else on 20s. Bam the gate dropped and I got snapped like a twig, they jumped me 2 bike lengths outta the gate. After the first turn I gained on the guy in front of me and was fixing to make a move when clang! I dropped my chain. I had to pump it to the finish line in last. Moto 2 & 3 I was on the Ripper (20") and didn't fair as well either. I managed to get outta the gate with them but only managed to get to the wheel of the rider in front of me. My gearing was not on for this track at all so next time I go I may do a chainwheel swap in the front for some better snap out of the gate. I really miss getting to ride and race BMX, every time I get to do it I want more! Something about those small hoops....




LAter G..................................

No comments: