Tuesday, October 12, 2010

ENTER............. N I S H I K I

I found this bike headed to the dumpster screaming at me to save it. It's a very old Nishiki mountain bike. I dont have my Motebecane CX SS anymore to ride to school so I haven't been riding to classes. I have been looking around for something yard sale"ish" to pick up cheap and go over just enough to get me to classes. I live about three miles from school now instead of right near campus. I really miss riding to school. I came across this bike being thrown away so I scooped it up to renovate it and breathe some life back into her. It didn't take much more than a complete overhaul, some cheap LX shifters (I had laying around), some MTB street tires (I had laying around) and a used chain (I had) to get her up to par. If it gets stolen I would be upset but if I have to get a bike stolen I offer this as a sacrifice instead of one of the BMC's. I installed a rack on the rear of the Nishiki that I took off the Kaluna cruiser since the "crawl season" was pretty much weak this year. I'm thinking about some sweet paniers for the sides and maybe some other "urban" goodies to trick it out with. I have an urge to name her, I have never named any of my bikes before so I don't know where this is coming from. I'm thinking Betty, Flo or Gladys, something like that, old school! She's not a spring chicken you know...


I have missed some pretty sweet rides lately thanks to my projects and tons of homework. I swear, it's harder this semester than the first two semesters combined. I dread grad school...

Capt. Dingo and friends took a little road trip for Richard's birthday over to Dupont this Sunday. It was a really sweet gathering looked like and I wish I could have attended. Capt. Dingo's write up is here.


Last night the team headed over to the local cult hero's (or C.O.B.'s) place of employment (Alpine Ski Center)for a fund raiser for the trip to Tahoe, Collegiate Nationals ya know. Thanks Mike !!!!!! We raised quite a bit of cash too, special thanks to one of the Dr.s for dropping some big $$ for the trip as well. They arrived safe and sound and are ready to get some time on the courses so they can bring 1st place home to East Tennessee!



Saturday the NTMBA is having, what I hope becomes a huge killer annual event, the NTMBA poker ride at Warriors Path MTB trails. I'm going to be herding vehicles, doing registration or something. Whatever the grand pooobaaa Fat Tony decides is what I will do. Oh, yes there is supposed to be alot of participants like the girl above I hear so get your bootie out there and support the club that keeps all of the local trails around here free and clear of debris and erosion. After its over I plan on getting some single track in too like everyone else.
Sunday Capt. Dingo has a pre-ride of the HOT (hill of truth) course planned and then hitting up Mellow Mushroom in K-Town. Now here is where my stress relief plan takes effect...... the 18th and 19th is fall break for ETSU (no class) so I have a couple of days for myself, a rarity lately. I'm still trying to iron out all the details but I would like to take the hoopty over to Tsali, Bent Creek, Black Mountain or I have even entertained the thought of FATS! So right now I'm in the logistics phase and frugality is the number one factor here. We'll see..............................

LAter G............................

No comments: