Monday, April 16, 2012

ETSU Gravity Nationals

First thing out the door Saturday morning and I'm thinking "what will the USAC officials want for a snack this morning?" Since I'm a USAC official myself donuts crossed my mind and maybe biscuits.... You can see by the pic below what won out for my choice. I hardly ever eat donuts but this morning I would partake in the fatty goodness!

It's spring time and that means it's time for the ETSU Gravity Nationals qualifier. We host this race every year to help/aid locals qualify for USAC Nationals at Beech Mountain. It's also a fund raiser for our collegiate team and helps defer the costs of hotels and such when we're traveling and racing in the fall. To say it was a success is an understatement! We drew peeps in from Florida, New York, New Jersey, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, Pennsylvania and probably a few other states I've overlooked. Thanks to everyone for attending, it makes for a great event!


Our new President is airing it out over one of the DH jumps.





Here's some serious head to head Dual Slalom action. I swear I don't think we have ever ran a DS event so fast and efficiently. If it wasn't for Thomas, (aka; Sally), it would have taken twice as long!



Shovels? Yes, shovels! this is what we give as downhill trophies! We paint 1st gold, 2nd silver and third bronze. The kids love these things and they ask for them specifically. Sally gathered up a lot of old chainrings and painted them with some funky paint, attached them to medal neck ribbons and made our slalom awards. Big thanks to mountain khakis and monster for helping with the prize giveaway.


Look who came out of retirement to race the event! That's right, COB! It's been awhile but he brought the supercross out for a little head to head Slalom action. He beat some kid and got a little cocky. The kid he raced asked him how old he was and COB responded "old enough to kick your ass" so the kid went back up and eliminated my boy. Dammit son!


I'm hoping to get a link to a slew of pics, just waitin' on the email....




Later G..........................











No comments: