Sunday, April 8, 2012

Feeling Pretty "Tall"...boy!

One of our suppliers has copied Surly and produced a cheap version of the Pugsly. While nothing could ever replace a Surly original I'm thinkin' I may pop for one of these beasts. I know I have too many bike but the rules state the proper number of bikes to own IS n+1 ya know. 4" tires, 3" rims, itsy-bitsy chainring up front ............. boooYA!

I spent this very chilly Saturday morning weed eating the DS course for next weeks USAC Nationals gravity qualifier that we are hosting at ETSU. 3.5 hours, 4 tanks of gas and I had to refill the string head 3 times before getting finished with this. I then rewarded myself with two laps on our XC course. It's funny how I feel myself getting stronger on the road bike but I can't tell any power difference on the fatt tires. I can, though, tell a difference in my heart rate when on the mountain bike, I seem to get it down a lot faster than I used to for sure.


bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. My hands were numb when I finished.




Look what beauty we have here! Santa Cruz makes sweet bikes. The linkage and rear der hanger are so beefy. We are waiting on a Fox fork so we can finish the build.


There are zerk grease fittings under the BB which uses a standard grease gun so you can keep this squish moving freely. It sucks when companies use "special" things to lube or maintain their design. It usually leads to the consumer rarely giving the bike the required maintenance it needs.


Look at those mounting bolts on the hanger! I'm not sure I like the "open" holes in the chainstay tubes..... It is a badass bike though!



Happy Easter!







LAter G.....................................










No comments: