Friday, July 26, 2013

USAC US XC NATIONALS

This past weekend the XC U.S. Nationals were held at Bear Creek Resort in East Peeee Yaaaa.






On the podium for Pro Men's Short Track; 1st place Todd Wells (Special-ed), 2nd place Stephen Ettinger (BMC), 3rd place Conrad Bishop w/son (Cannondale/sho-air), 4th place Russell Finsterwald (Trek, I love that last name) and 5th place Spencer Paxton (Kona)


On the podium for Pro Women's Short Track is; 1st place Lea Davison (Special-ed), 2nd place Chloe Woodruff (wowzers, no sponsor?), 3rd place Georgia Gould (Luna), 4th place Mary McConneloug (Kenda/Stan's) and 5th place Teal Stetson-Lee (Luna)



On the podium for Pro Women is; 1st place Lea Davison (Special-ed), 2nd place Pua Mata (Cannondale/sho-air) and 3rd place Mary McConneloug (Kenda/Stan's)



On the podium for the Pro Men's XC is; 1st Stephen Ettinger (BMC; note BMC on another 1st place podium,,,) 2nd Todd Wells (Special-ed) and 3rd Jeremiah Bishop (Cannondale/Sho-Air)



Our local boy from Lees McRae College in Banner Elk, N.C., Kerry Werner - SECCC Collegiate superstar, flying down a section of the course on his way for the win in the U23. Note another win for BMC!! I'm also diggin' those black, grey & lime BMC kits! Want one!!!


All photo credits A.E. Landes
 
 
 
 
 
 
I chose to stay home and chase a dollar and to the fact I just missed qualifying by one spot (I suck) at several of the early season races I attended. I do like going and racing at these big events even though I'm out of shape and don't pose a threat to anyone but myself.  There's a commercial on TV for something but it's about athletic elderly peeps that are still competing. The motto is; "You don't stop competing because you get old, you get old because you stopped competing". I like that  motto.... a lot.
 
 
 
 
 
 
LAter G...........................

No comments: