Friday, January 9, 2009

ADDICTED

Addictions can be good and bad. Like my bike addiction, it's ok because it keeps me healthy, I get to hang out with some cool peeps and its not a crazy expensive hobby (well after you get everything - well you never have everything because there is always something else you need to buy, like new chi chi's. Then after you get new chi chi's there is something else that you need or think you WILL need so you buy that and sell what you had on ebay so you can get more money to buy more stuff that you don't need but you think you need and the cycle goes on and on......whew stop, take Xanax and roll a doobie) Now on the other hand "smoking" is a bad addiction. Some people think we cyclist are crazy when we are out on the road and its 30 degrees or up in the woods and its cold and snowy. What I call crazy is when it's 19 degrees outside and YOU HAVE TO GO OUT AND SMOKE A FREAKIN' CIGARETTE. I don't know how many times I seen men and women standing outside today shivering, wrapped up holding their coat with one hand and a cancer stick in the other. I think at every stop today I seen someone getting their fix and freezing their but off. I hope I never develop an addiction like that to any "bad" substance.


On another note, tomorrow is a club work day @ Bay's Mountain. The club is adding some trails up there and I haven't attended a work day up there yet so tomorrow it is I guess. I personally have had a hard time wanting to do this. I feel bad for thinking this way but I do. Every time you go to the park you have to pay to get in-even if your working on trails! It's just 2-3 dollars, it's not the money its the principal. All this free labor that the park and city gets from us and they charge us gate fees. When we first started it they gave us free passes. That didn't last long. I don't have a lot of spirit to do this but I'm going anyway. If it rains...............I'm OUT!

Sunday a couple of my friends are going to Dupont in Brevard NC. Its supposed to rain late Saturday then into early Sunday morning. I would like to go meet them and ride but I will have to see what mother nature throws at us first. Too cold for a road ride (my opinion) so I need to get some mountain biking in somewhere. The rollers are driving me crazy! Got to get outside! Next week is looking a lot better for some more riding, I think the monsoons have passed out of East Tn.





Later G........................................

6 comments:

Anthony Duncan said...

When you come up to the workday, just tell them at the paygate that you're there with the bike club to work on trails. I haven't paid yet to get in.

SCOOBY'S SNACKS said...

things are looking up then!

Riding with dogs said...

Got in free today! Just told them I was here to work on the trails. I don't think of it as us doing free labor for the park or the city I think of it as us getting to build some sweet a$$ trails so lazy farts like you will have something new and exciting to ride this summer. Quit your whinning old man.

SCOOBY'S SNACKS said...

I only ride Bay's once a year at the funfest race. Oh.....ITS FREE LABOR ALRIGHT. Anyway, thank you for sacrificing your time to build new trails....

Riding with dogs said...

If you haven't heard, all that "free labor" that's been done by your fellow NTMBAer's has gotten us the ok to build more trails at Bays mtn. Maybe one of these days you'll grace their presence more than once a year and not have to ride gravel roads. I don't call it free labor, I'll be getting paid with nice trails to ride.

SCOOBY'S SNACKS said...

lol, and they get paid everytime you drive through that gate. just kidn g