Monday, February 2, 2009

Red 33 Red 33 Hut Hut



Well another Super Bowl has came and gone now. Congrats to the Pittsburgh Steelers for being world champions. Angie and I got to enjoy the game with some great friends and some excellent game day food. It was a great shindy. I even got to meet Flat Stanley @ Greg's house last night. Anthony and Amanda were there also. Flat Stanley was chillin' watching the game with us also. I never knew who he was rootin' for because he kinda quite. He really didn't say much at all, but he was Greg's guest so I was polite. Some of the commercials were even in 3D! I had a great time and it didn't matter to me who was playing or who won. I will say that it was one of the best super bowl games I have seen in a long time.



After church I dropped Austin off at his mom's and I proceeded to get ready for a nice road ride. Every roady in the area was on his bike today I think. Why not with a mid 50's forecast and beautiful sunshine! There were 4 groups leaving out today from the old Buck's lot. Even though this place has changed its name for sometime now, it will always be remembered by Buck's Pizza by most of the cyclist around here. The hammerheads were going to the top of the N.C. mountains called Sam's Gap. I didn't feel like riding with these guys 'cuz they think they are racing ALL the time, not that I could hang with them when they are riding like that but when they are at 80% I can. There was a couple of other rides that were riding easy. Then there was our group that was riding about 30-45 min later due to schedules. Our plan was to head to Spivey Mtn just across the N.C. border then flip and ride back. We had about 8-10 riders show and we rode a nice pace. No one attacked or pushed or TRAINED. Base riding......it's whats for dinner! pun from an old commercial "beef it's whats for dinner" or something like that...sorry. Anyway, after we rode into Erwin about 20 miles in, four riders flipped around and headed back. We got a late start and I debated whether or not to do the same. We picked up a TCRC rider along the way and after I got to the turn that takes you to Spivey I decided I wanted to get back and be on-time for the super bowl shin-dig @ Greg's. I looked at my Garmin and it was reading 23 miles at this point. Hmm, I can make this an even 50 on the way home. So I left the guys that were left (4) to tackle Spivey on their own. I added a little extra mileage trying to get an even 50, but I was only able to get a little over 48 by the time I rolled back into my driveway. This was the first descent road ride in awhile too. My legs were feeling a little noodled when I got off the bike. It was a good day. I felt really good after the ride and I can't wait for the warmer weather to return so I can get more.... Here's a pic of us rolling down hwy 81 near the Nolichucky river.



Good day to ride....






Later G.......................................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the head's up about this ride...........I call B.S.

AKS

SCOOBY'S SNACKS said...

you wouldn't have gone,too many miles for you lol