Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Slippin' & Slidin'

Last night old man winter decided to lay some ice and snow on our roads around here. It all started about 6-7ish or so. Angie stopped here at my house for dinner that I cooked for us. She was concerned that we should stay at her house because she might not be able to get back up the hill to her condo in the morning to get ready for work. After din din we decided and headed back up there.



Well the little orange rocket ship couldn't make it up the hill near the BCM at ETSU. There were kids hanging out on the hill like a bunch of tards, screaming and yelling for you if your vehicle made it up. If you couldn't make it they would shout you down. They were yelling "DENIED" and laughing their butts off at the people that were sliding in the ditch and hitting the curbs. Then, they would push them back out in the street. I guess it was their way of having fun. Heck those college kids couldn't drive for squat. We just sat there patiently until all the impatient ones either slid off the road or parked their car and walked. We ended up taking her car back into ETSU campus and finding a safe place to leave it for the night. After all the excitement we settled down and watched another episode of DEXTER. This morning I warmed up the 4x4 exploder and took her to her car. Campus was deserted since they called classes off this morning. It has to be pretty bad around here if JC and ETSU cancels classes. Hurry up spring I'm waiting!!!........................................





I have a sweet TREK 6.9 Madone to tune this morning! No not the one in the pic. A friend of mine dropped it off last night for me to have it ready for this weekend. That thing is super light, looks pretty cool to. I love working on bikes, its like therapy to me. I know that I will probably never be in the financial position to be a bike mechanic again, but that would be so awesome to be able to do that and make a living at it. It's not a fruitful living to say the least (unless your the owner of a good popular shop) but its rewarding to me. I get a really good feeling inside just being around the sport and the folks that are in it. Cycling peeps are good people and its nice to be around good people all the time.


Lance's Livestrong weapon.............




A bunch of us are heading to N.Wilkesboro Saturday for a pre-ride on a course that we are racing on April 4th. The 6hrs of Warriors Creek. I wanted to do a team so I could hit every lap wide a** open. I'm trying to stay away from the endurance racing this year unless its on a team. But alas, I couldn't find a team member (was denied), then I was laid off from work so I guess it's not meant to be. I may just ride laps for fun, maybe not - I don't know yet. My original plan was to find a FAST girl and race co-ed but it never panned out.





I might go play in the snow later tonight, the low is going to be 8*.....................BRRRRR





I found this 3FT Law video today..........











Later G...........................

No comments: