Saturday, February 21, 2009

Time for Change

I had to mix and change things up a little bit here on the ole blog page. I really liked the pic of snow on the old bicycle that I have in my front yard as a yard ornament but after thinking about it .....

It's time for warmer weather and springtime! That snowy pic was starting to get me down. I have to watch that also, especially with my employment predicament. I went with a spring time theme - greens and brown for a more "dirt & leaf " feel. Ya know, more like springtime!

I watched this morning as a steed of mine drove away to a new home. Yes, the Redline monocog SS has found itself a new home. A friend of mine took it this morning. I'm going to miss that bike I believe. It handled really well too, one of the best handling bikes I have ever ridden in all honesty. I think that if it would have had regular dropouts I may have kept it for another bike build. But the Single Speed just wasn't for me for riding in the woods, yea I was a little faster on it but it drained me quicker also. I will though have an SS bike for CX in about 6 months or so for next years ('09-'10) racing. It will specifically be for CX and maybe a C.R.A.W.L. ride every now and again. So I bid adieu to the monocog, may you give your new master plenty of enjoyment and keep him safe wherever he may take you. He doesn't know it yet but he's already been converted to bigger wheels!



Later G..................

5 comments:

F.W. Adams said...

Sad to lose a noble steed, but it sounds like it is going to a good home. R.I.P. tot he Monocog (that's Ride in Peace!).

Peace!

Joshua Stamper said...

What kind of SS CX bike you gonna get?

SCOOBY'S SNACKS said...

Joshua, Not sure yet but I want something SS specific, maybe a surly.

Genghis, It went to someone that will take good care of it. It's his first 29er too......heh heh

Riding with dogs said...

CROSSCHECK, CROSSCHECK, CROSSCHECK, CROSSCHECK, CROSSCHECK, CROSSCHECK, CROSSCHECK, CROSSCHECK,

SCOOBY'S SNACKS said...

need a check, need a check, need a check, need a check, need a check