Friday, February 27, 2009

TNR

TNR- that's the TLA for the Thursday Night Ride held here in Johnson City every week. It's kind of hard to believe that its already here but I'm glad. Three of us went out yesterday early. Jonell, John and I pedaled the 30 mile course and the weather was soooooooo nice. I rode the whole thing in a summer kit too! We saw several riders out there, warmth brings forth the roadies. It was a little cool coming off Buffalo but nothing that you couldn't stand. I was thinking about putting the GoPro on there but decided not to. I will put it on when the weekly pack races start up in about a month. I think I will be able to get some really good video of the local road club too. Legs felt good, didn't push them and it was a nice ride.

After the ride I waited for Angie to get home from work. She's been putting in some long days here of late since they let her director go. The economy yo. She wanted to hit my trainer for about half an hour before we headed out so she did. We then journeyed down to the local cyclists watering hole Knights, formerly Buck's Pizza. They finally have all the 40 taps on the wall up and running. I started with a Cottonwood Low Down Brown, Angie with a Heineken. The food is not the best nor the service and they don't care, but its just a place we cyclists go to out of convenience. Our staging lot is right beside their parking lot on the same side of the street, makes it easy! Even though some folks want better food, they will go 1 block down the road to Ruby Tuesday's ( but the beer selection sucks, unless you like "BUD" type beers. Sorry if I sound like a beer snob). Anywho it was good to see some of the roadies at out normal Thursday night gig. It all starts up @5:30 March 12th. Hope we have good weather!

Get this it was 65 here yesterday and Sunday they are predicting SNOW AGAIN jeeeezzzzz! Blow hard ole man winter, your days are numbered!



Later G.....................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beer snob is right....

Check this page out http://aksnation.blogspot.com/

You'll love it