Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Explanation...........

Ok I have been asked by several of my peeps to as what transpired early that race day morning and why I posted this pic. So here it is.......This here dude by which the arrow points out is the root of all this. Late Friday night I assemble my EZ-UP in front of the U.S.S. Lamberson with a gap big enough for Ducky to put his up. I nail it in securely to the ground in front of the picnic table so as for not the weather to uproot it and place it elsewhere during my night of slumber. I arrive the next morning in the exploder, dump off some coolers, tools and supplies then return back to campsite. I hang out there for a little while, the race doesn't start until 11am, so I have time. When I decide to ride up to the pit area I get on the bike and pedal up to the main parking lot where our EZ-UP is. Upon arrival these dudes have all their stuff piled all over our, and I say our because we laid claim to it first, picnic table. They had an EZ-UP beside us and all the equipment we had, I don't know why they wanted that table. I make a casual statement " whoa man, you guys got our pit table". Little did I know that they had already asked Greg earlier that morning. Without that useful and valuable information I proceeded to make a buttocks out of my person in the smart mouth statements that would follow. NOTE: NOT AT ONE OR ANY GIVEN TIME DID I USE FOWL OR CURSE WORDS DIRECTED TOWARDS THE DUDE IN THE PICTURE. He said "we can share". I said "looks as if you took it over" "I have alot of people coming this is why I put it up here to take advantage of this table" He said "I don't care, you don't own it. It's public property" I say " Dude that's not cool, we had dibs first" He commences to calling me and assh#%@&*^% and a couple of other curse word things then says he's going to the promoter. I stand there feeling like I'm back in grade school where he ran off to tell the teacher. He actually goes and WHINES like a crybaby to the promoter, of upon his return I tell him that he is a crybaby kindergartner (like myself after that statement) , then the promoter looks at me in disbelief and says its a public place dude. I shake my head OK at him and take a seat. Well Horse's Arse continues to gloat in his tattletale-ism victory and keeps pushing my buttons. I keep my mouth closed..........can you believe that??? But I did! Dufas wanders off and Greg comes up and looks at the table and goes what's up? I told them they could share but not have it all. I say WHAT? He informs me of the affore mentioned valuable info now.....Thanks dude, I just made an ARSE of myself. (I never get mad at Greg, he's too laid back as I am) I explained what happened and when dufas returned I apologized to him and another dude. I then sat down and ate a whole crow pie all by myself. He was a smartelic during and after my apology too, NOT COOL! That's why I posted that up. I could have been a nicer person but I wasn't, I'm not proud of it but it's water under the bridge. I can honestly say that I try to get along with most folks but this guy....not so much. So that's what happened and as the old sayin' goes: That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!



LAter G.........................

2 comments:

Riding with dogs said...

In my defense all the guy asked me is if he could put up an EZ-UP next to ours. Nothing was said about the picnic table.

Anonymous said...

You should have told him to go f**k himself after you gave him an apology and then he still acted like that. I thought only roadies (not mentioning any clubs or groups...lol) acted like that, not laid back mtn bikers. I'm sorry you had to go through that. And it wasn't yours, Greg's or even that guys fault (at first). But where he is at fault is cussing at you when you were being polite and then acting like a jerk after the fact. I'm glad that wasn't me, I'm way too short fused. I would have been thrown out of Tsali for sure.

AKS