Tuesday, June 2, 2009

TEST????

They say you're supposed to get good rest the night before you doing anything you want to do well at. I guess they're right.....I don't know. All I know last night I didn't get much sleep and I had my college COMPASS (Cranky Old Man PASS) test this morning. I had been doing some of the sample questions last week and wasn't that worried. Although what I thought was going to be my weak point turned out to be my strongest scores.....go figure. It also didn't take as long as they said it would, better than average student ha ha! NOT. I aced all the English and Reading but my Algebra skills have some what dwindled over the last 25 years. I didn't fail but I can do better! I'm getting a tutor and will re-test before the fall. Wonder if there are any 100lb college cuties that are good in algebra, did I type that?


Now to bike related topics:

I was missing a banjo fitting for my rear brake caliper but Mark brought it to me, he's a nice guy! I now have the XTR hydros mounted up and running and have ridden with them once. So far so good but as of now they are neck and neck with the BB7's.....so far. The only umph that the hydro's are getting over the mech's is you don't have to re-adjust the pads as your pads wear like you do with the BB7's. Modulation is very close! (modulation = is how much pressure you apply on your brake lever). Most hydros take less effort than mechanicals, although I have used some cheaper ones back in the day that today's mechanicals would way out perform. Keep ya posted!


Saturday is the disc burner endurance race in Morristown. I know I said previously that I'm not doing any endurance racing this year unless it's on a team but I'm going down to do the 6hr for fun. Angie is going to be near there at the new DZ so it will work for both of us camping together maybe.


I have some pics from the pedalfest thanks to Jon Horne:AKS started out the day with a flat before it started



photo credit: Jon Horne


LAter G.................................

1 comment:

Chris said...

"Saturday is the disc burner endurance race in Morristown. I know I said previously that I'm not doing any endurance racing this year unless it's on a team but I'm going down to do the 6hr for fun." .... so is that a commitment then ?:))) Lets Race!