Saturday, September 26, 2009

It's Wet..............

The 5th Annual Pink Ribbon Ride was held Saturday at the JC Med Center. This is a huge charity event by our local road club in East Tennessee the TCRC. I was unable to attend thank goodness because from what I saw it had to be miserable riding in the pouring down rain! Better word for it may be STORM!

Angie was working with the local United Way today at the Bristol Motor Speedway where the two NASCAR events are held. They were taking $25 donations for 5 laps around the speedway but wait there's a catch..............behind a pace car. Yea top speed allowed was only 60mph, yea it sucks but if you're a huge Nascar fan it would probably be "one of those moments". I told her that on the last lap she should have pinned it and zipped by the pace car for the last lap. I'm sure she wanted to because she's a speed junky sometimes......well most of the time! I can see Jimmy Johnson or one of those boys look left and see her orange rocket zipping around them. Total Fahrvergnügen dude!


I was able to work on a really nice steel bike Saturday morning since my other gig fell through. Ahh sweet campy components, I love 'em! This K.I.R.K. bike is heading to Iraq very soon too. It's funny, cyclists are like folks with lawnmowers in the spring just before the first cut, well some of them for the most part. I giggle as some folks bring their bikes in for that last tune "just before" a big event to make sure it's in tip top shape. I really think that they think bike mechanics just whip this stuff out in 10 minutes or so for a tune. We do see a rush to have last minute things repaired just before events though. there is one thing I'm going to go out on a limb on and say though. Wash your bike folks before you bring it in...PLEASE! I have actually witnessed riders wanting a bike shop to wash clean and polish their bike. WHAT? I really wouldn't mind pimping a bike out like that and all but I would charge $50 to do it.

Next week begins cross season here in Northeast Tennessee. The MSG series opens full swing this coming Saturday and Sunday in Kingsport. Bikes, bands and beer what a combination. Some promoters need to take a lesson from Mr.Wondergem and Mr. Letterman. This is one of the BEST races I attend all year easily in the top 5!




In my unrelenting search of finding interesting stuff to put on here I have this, most have probably seen it already though. Anywho......












LAter G...................................

No comments: