Friday, October 15, 2010

The BMC EMPIRE

Well slowly but surely our UPS man (whom we have named Magellan because he gets easily lost) arrived late and delivered the goods. Another STUPID closeout deal that my weak addicted arse could not say no to...... a BMC Fourstroke 02. A Fox RL100 fork and a complete XT 9spd group on it to boot. After getting it home I quickly sat it up with all the measurements from the TE01 Carbon. I was surprised that the frame has a 5mm shorter TT on it than the TE01 though. When I did my research the website it said they were the same, not. Oh well, too late now.


I'm glad it arrived so I can ride this weekend with some squish! I will admit I'm not a true fan of the vertical mount suspension mount because they tend to be poor climbers, now I will have something in common with my bike huh? HA. I rode the whiz out of the demo we had at the store but it was sold so my play toy was no more. Anywho - I just scored a $3600 bike for no where near that, not even in the same hemisphere as that and the Yeti 575 paid for it straight up. The Empire is almost complete, I have two of each of the bike models they sale except for a road bike (only 1 for now) and I'm going to start working on that next. Yes, I have an addiction I know. It could be worse though! I could be addicted to.............................................29ers - muwhaaaahahahahaha. j/k! Now all you 29er peeps don't go to hate'n on me now because BMC has something up their sleeve for 2012 and I want it! Carbon trash can lids......he he he.

Tomorrow? NTMBA Poker ride.....I have to go stash some Aces up my bike shorts, cya!





LAter G.......................................

No comments: