Thursday, April 28, 2011

TORNADOES RIP THROUGH EAST TN & SW VIRGINIA


Wow! Last night's storms ripped through our little piece of the country and made it's presence known! There were 4 or 5 cells that came up from Alabama/Georgia moving pretty quick at about 70 MPH the weather man said. Here lately the weathermen around here couldn't tell ya if it was raining while standing in a downpour. Just Tuesday they had forecasted that there would be at least 3 inches of rain by Thursday (today). Well the only rain we have seen was in the form of ice (hail) and a few showers that rode the back of the funnel clouds that ripped through here last night. I was able to find some pics from various places and post them up here....


It's ok kitty......














This is in Bristol where most of the damage occured, funnel cloud beginning.



good sized hail?











I think this was near Gray, Tn.



Hail / quarter ???


This truck was blown over at the Petro truck stop in Glade Springs, VA. close to where Mike and Ginger Stewart live! It's only 15 miles up the road from Abingdon.


Quarter sized? not, BIGGER!



Another funnel cloud forming!



This is a shot of lightning hitting the tower at Bay's Mountain in Kingsport, Tn. where we frequently ride!


The news this morning states that 15 were killed last night. My prayers go out to all the families that were affected by the storm. It missed my place but I could see the lightning and clouds last night as I stood outside watching for anything bad. I have a radar app on my iPhone that keeps up with the lightning pretty good in real time. I liked what I saw on it better than what the local news had on the TV screen. Also it was the first time in a very long time that anything this serious, weather wise, was taking place around here and you could tell it in the voices of the weathermen on TV. They were very nervous and stuttered alot during their broadcasts, so much for a tele-prompter? I think that got the message across about how serious the storms were though. Me? I went to bed after the 3rd cell passed over....





LAter G......................

No comments: