Saturday, July 23, 2011

OFF ROAD ASSAULT on ME & MYSELF

Well I managed to find a ticket to get in! I won't be a threat albeit. I haven't been over to Old Fort, N.C. in several years for this so I'm looking forward to it. I'm not looking forward to the 11,000 feet of climbing though, I hope my back doesn't give out on me! Thanks to Brian Sheedy for hooking a brother up with a spot! It looks like Matt and Schyler, a couple young guys on the ETSU team, will be riding with me as well. From the start we will ride together then I'll get dropped, lol. The weather looks great, I know how to fuel myself for this race and I know what to take and expect from the course so hopefully it will go well! I have been wanting to get away from this area for some different terrain so this may satisfy me for a week or so.

Before classes and the collegiate MTB season starts I would like to do a little trip like I did for fall break last year. I can't make up my mind where to scamper off to though. Next summer I have a stellar trip lined up and some bike mechanic certification as icing on the cake, be very very jealous! I'm thinking of heading up North for this getaway, I like Douthat so that could be one of the stopping points, we'll seeeee.









LAter G.......................

No comments: